Frequently asked questions – Plumbing eNotice

This page is for: 


Please note: As of 1 October 2019 paper notices are no longer available for purchase. Click here for details.

What is the benefit to me and my business from using eNotice?

The potential benefits are:

  • Quicker, more convenient and cheaper than completion and delivery of paper forms.
  • Better quality of information and less rework for everyone.
  • Accessible via mobile devices for on-site submission.
  • Copying of previous notices for repeat work.
  • Ability to submit copies to all relevant parties (if customer details are provided).
  • eNotice keeps a record of previously lodged notices for viewing at a later date.

Can I still use paper forms?

From 1 October 2019 paper Notices of intention and Certificates of compliance will no longer be available for purchase, however, contractors may continue to lodge paper notices until their stocks are exhausted. There is no planned end date for the submission of paper notices which have already been purchased.

Building and Energy will also continue to buy back unused paper notices from plumbers who transition to electronic lodgements. 

Multi-entry notices of compliance are not supported by eNotice and will remain in paper form.

Are paper Notices also required to be submitted if I am using eNotice?

A paper notice is not required to be submitted if an eNotice has been lodged.

Is there a cost associated with using eNotice?

There are no additional fees for using eNotice, however fixture and form fees still apply.

How do I start using the system?

First, you need to register as a user of the system. Go to eNotice, click ‘Register’ and follow the prompts.



How do I register to use eNotice?

Go to eNotice, click ‘Register’ and follow the prompts.

Can I use my gasfitter account for plumbing eNotices?

No, you are required to separately register with your plumbing contractor licence. However, you can copy notices across licenses under the 'new (from exisiting)' menu item.

I do not know my registered email address with Building and Energy

Contact Building and Energy on 1300 489 099 .

My email address is not being accepted

Contact Building and Energy on 1300 489 099.

Why isn’t the system accepting my PL number?

Make sure you are only entering the PL number, your initials at the end are not required. Contact Building and Energy if you still have issues.

I did not receive the security code

Check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy by calling Building and Energy on 1300 489 099.

I did not receive the email with my log-in details

Check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy by calling Building and Energy on 1300 489 099.

I am having difficulties registering to use the system. Where can I get additional information or assistance?

Refer to the eNotice user guide for registration assistance. For further assistance contact Building and Energy on 6251 1377 or email

Can I set up access for my staff to create and lodge notices?

Yes. You can register multiple users under your licence. You can add or modify user details at any time. Just login to eNotice and click on the ‘User management’ menu option. However additional users can only create draft notices. Lodging of notices must be done by the Plumbing Contractor.

Log in details

I have forgotten my password

If you forget your password, you can click on the ‘Forgot password’ option and follow the prompts and a new password will be sent to your registered email address.

I want to change my password

You can change your password at any time by using the ‘Change password’ option on the eNotice main menu.

Lodging a notice

My plumbing contractor details are not correct?


  • update your contact details here; or
  • in the main eNotice menu, select the ‘My details’ button. You will be redirected to the Building and Energy website to update your details.

In both cases the changes are effective immediately.

How do I send a customer a copy of the notice?

If you enter a valid email address for the customer, eNotice will automatically send a PDF copy of the notice to that address and confirm this in the email advice to you. If you did not provide an email address for the customer or if the address is invalid and the email is not deliverable, the emailed advice to you will state that the notice was not provided to the customer and that you must send a copy via some other means.

eNotice has no means of checking if the customer’s email address (as provided by you) is indeed the correct email for that customer – it is your responsibility to ensure that the email address is correct.

I have lodged a notice but have not received a confirming email and PDF copy.

First check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy. If so, and you haven’t received an email and notice within 30 minutes of lodgement, call Building and Energy on 6251 1377 or send an email to

When would I use the ‘New (from existing)’ option?

If you do a lot of repeat work, you can go to the ‘New (from existing)’ menu option, enter a previously lodged notice number, review and change details as required and then lodge it as a new notice without going through each step.

The address is not recognised?

eNotice automatically validates the entered address with the Landgate database. If there is no match (this could happen for different reasons), a number of optional addresses will be suggested to you which you can either select from or ignore and retain the address you have entered. This is an alert function only and does not prevent proceeding through the form.

The location is remote and there is no street name or number. How do I fill out the location details?

You should:

  • Write ‘unknown’ or similar in the ‘Street’ field (this is a mandatory field).
  • Enter the town or district name in the ‘Locality’ field (this is a mandatory field).
  • In the ‘Directions’ field enter GPS coordinates (if known) and or other directions/instructions as required to identify the location of the premises.
  • Select the ‘Next’ button to use the entered address (and override the address validation function).

I am having difficulties using the system to lodge a notice. Where can I get additional information or assistance?

Refer to eNotice user guide, contact Building and Energy on 6251 1377 or send an email to

Do I need to know the Owner/Occupier details if I’m only dealing with the Builder/Dealer?

It is ok if you only have the Builder/Dealer’s details at the time of the plumbing work. The minimum information required to complete this section of the form is one name (either the Owner/Occupier or Builder/Dealer) and one related contact (either a phone number or email address).

How do I see my NOI Notice Number before lodging?

When saving a draft, the NOI notice number is displayed. A draft can be saved at any time before lodging and paying.

I’ve lodged a Standard NOI when I was meant to do an Emergency NOI/COC. How do I fix this?

The Standard NOI will have to be done this time, but in future use the emergency facility.

Draft notices

Why would I use the facility for creating and saving draft notices?

This facility may be useful in the following circumstances:

  • Not all the necessary information is known and the notice is completed at a later date.
  • Office staff preparing a notice for on-site completion by the plumbing contractor.
  • A paper copy of the draft is taken to site in an area without internet coverage for manual recording of details and subsequent online completion and lodgement. Drafts can be printed and are given a notice number.
  • If your contact details on the notice are not correct, you can save the notice as a draft then update your contact details in ‘My details’. Your new contact details will automatically be entered into the draft notice.

I won’t have internet access on the job. How can I lodge an eNotice?

On-site information can be manually recorded on a blank paper form or draft notice for online completion at another time/place when internet access is available.


How do I pay for my form and fixture fees?

Fees can be paid by Mastercard or Visa credit card or debit card. 

What is the difference between “Add to Cart” and “Checkout”?

Lodged notices are placed in a shopping cart for payment. Payment can be done for one or more notices that are in the shopping cart. 
Proceed to checkout to pay for notices. Fees must be paid before the notice is accepted.

Will I need to enter my credit card details manually on each payment?

Credit card details can be securely saved so that they do not have to be repetitively entered.

How are my credit card details stored?

Credit card details are securely stored by the BPOINT payment system which is compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.

Last modified: