Online application submission and payment option is now available for gasfitting permit applications.
Applications for gasfitting permits
How to apply
Applications can be submitted:
- Gasfitting authorisation online application
- Class G apprentice or trainee online application
- Class G 'tradesperson restricted to work under supervision' online application
- Class G gasfitting permit (installing NG and LPG) online application
- Class E gasfitting permit for mobile engines online application
- Class I gasfitting permit online application
- Class P gasfitting permit online application
- Gasfitting permit expired over 30 days and up to 2 years
- Converting a Certificate of Competency to a gasfitting permit
- Post, or In Person;
If applying in person or by post your application also needs to be accompanied by a completed Application Payment Form
Details of how to apply in person or by post are included on the application form.
All applications must be made on the correct, fully completed application form.
- Application for a Gasfitting Permit (Form R024)
- Application to renew inc. ID requirement
- Class E gasfitting permit application (Form R101)
- Class G gasfitting permit - restricted to working under direct-supervision (apprentices and trainees) application (Form R128)
- Class G gasfitter - restricted to working under supervision application (Form R125)
- Class G gasfitting permit - installing and servicing NG and LPG application (Form R099)
- Class I gasfitting permit application (form R017)
- Class P gasfitting permit application (Form R102)
- Class P gasfitting permit - restricted to work under supervision application (Form R132)
- Gasfitting permit reissue - expired 31 days and up to two years application (Form R126)
- Convert certificate of competency to gasfitting permit application (Form R090)
Should you have any queries regarding your application please contact 1300 489 099.
Time frames for application processing
Most applications are determined within five weeks. You can assist us to keep processing times as low as possible by:
- Checking that you have attached all the required information, and have completed the application form in full, before submitting
- Submitting using the online option
- Allowing enough time for processing of your application before contacting us for an update.
Licensing officers will contact you if any additional information is needed to finalise your application.
Current application and licence fees for plumbers can be found in the fee schedule.
An application fee is payable at the time of lodging an application. The application fee is non-refundable and GST is not payable.
If your application is unsuccessful the licence fee will automatically be refunded and posted to the address specified on the application form.
All licences are valid for three years from the date of approval.
If you are registered or licensed as a gasfitter elsewhere in Australia or New Zealand, and want to be registered as a gasfitter in Western Australia, you can find out more information about having your qualifications recognised in WA.
- Class G - gasfitting permit fact sheet
- Class E - permit for mobile engines and fact sheet
- Class I - permit and fact sheet
- Class P - permit for auto gas refuelling installations and fact sheet
- Change of contact details notification
- Change of name for gasfitting permit or gasfitting authorisation
- Declaration of lost or stolen gasfitting permit or gasfitting authorisation
- Application for a Gasfitting Permit expired more than two years (Form R133)
- On-the-job training requirements including On-The-Job Training Record Log Book
Share this page: