Gasfitting Permit scope of work
The below information provides a description of activities which Western Australia (WA) licensed Gasfitting Permit holders are permitted to perform. If you are a WA licensee visiting another state under JobPass, you are only allowed to perform the activities listed below.
If you need to apply for a WA licence more information is available on the licensing of gas fitters page.
Licence Identifier: GF00 – GF00000
Scope of Work
Operation, work or process in connection with the installation, removal, demolition, replacement, alteration, maintenance, or repair of a gas installation including the installation or conversion of a gas fuelled engine.
- the replacement of LPG cylinders, compressed natural gas cylinders or liquefied natural gas cylinders; or
- any operation, work or process in relation to a mobile engine that does not involve or affect any fitting line or apparatus; or
- an adjustment of the air-fuel ratio of a mobile engine that does not involve the disconnection or dismantling of any fitting line or apparatus; or
- an operation, work or process carried out in connection with a reticulated supply system for the gas supplier.
Specific Activities (by endorsed class)
|G||Covers all gasfitting work except gasfitting work covered as Class I, E or P (includes general gasfitting - natural gas and LP Gas). Also includes installation and servicing of domestic, commercial, caravan and marine craft installations.|
|I||Covers gasfitting work on a consumer's gas installation associated with a Type B appliance (Industrial - including all Types B appliances - installation, commissioning and servicing); or on piping that has an operating pressure of more than 200kPa, not being gasfitting work classified as Class E or P.|
|I(A)||Gasfitting work on a consumer's gas installation associated with a Type B appliance.|
|I(B)||Gasfitting work on piping that has an operating pressure of more than 200kPa, not being gasfitting work referred to in class I(A) or classified as Class E or P.|
|E||Covers gasfitting work associated with a mobile engine.|
|P||Covers gasfitting work on a gas installation associated with the storage and dispensing of gas for the refuelling of a motor vehicles as defined in Section 4 of the Road Traffic (Administration) Act 2008.|
Compliance Requirements in WA
To Get a WA Permit:
- Must hold an appropriate qualification
- Must be a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- Must pay an application fee
To Keep a WA Permit:
- Must renew the permit every five years
- They must comply with the Gas Standards Act 1972 and the Gas Standards (Gasfitting and Consumer Gas Installations) Regulations 1999
Share this page: