Timber framed roof construction
Building and Energy’s 2016 general inspection into sheet metal-clad, timber framed roof construction in Western Australia identified a low level of compliance relating to roof frame construction.
In response, several resources have been developed to assist with improving roof construction compliance.
This webpage provides a collection of useful resources.
Publications and links
Building and Energy publications
- General Inspection Report 1 – A General Inspection into Metal Roof Construction
- Background information on the General Inspection Report 1
- Industry Bulletin 032 – Durability of roof tie down connectors straps
- Industry Bulletin 049 – Connection of roof battens to timber rafters in light weight metal roof sheet construction
- Industry Bulletin 093 – Documentation for timber framed roof construction
- Industry Bulletin 109 – J-bolt (hook rod) tie-down systems
Other relevant publications
Cyclone Testing Station, James Cook University, Townsville:
- CTS Technical Report No. 54, August 2008 – Shoalwater and Roleystone WA tornadoes – Wind damage to buildings
- CTS Technical Report No. 62, December 2015 – Static Testing of Batten Connections at University of Western Australia
Share this page: