Tradesperson's (drainage plumbing) licence
A person who holds a tradesperson’s (drainage plumbing) licence is authorised to undertake drainage plumbing work under the general direction and control of a licensed plumbing contractor, including:
- carrying out drainage plumbing work subject to any conditions on the tradesperson’s licence;
- supervising the carrying out of plumbing work by an apprentice or the holder of a provisional tradesperson’s licence.
To be eligible for a tradesperson’s (drainage plumbing) licence you must:
- hold a Certificate II in Drainage, or
- have been the holder of a provisional tradesperson’s (drainage plumbing) licence and completed approved units from the Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32408 – Migrant Gap Training), or
- Provide evidence of a suitable equivalent Western Australian qualification
How to apply
Applications can be submitted:
- Online: Plumbing tradesperson's (drainage plumbing) licence online submission
- Post, or In Person;
If applying in person or by post your application also needs to be accompanied by a completed Application Payment Form
Details of how to apply in person or by post are included on the application form.
All applications must be made on a fully completed application form which can be found here: Form 103 – application form.
Should you have any queries regarding your application please contact 1300 489 099.
Time frames for application processing
Most applications are determined within five weeks. You can assist us to keep processing times as low as possible by:
- Checking that you have attached all the required information, and have completed the application form in full, before submitting
- Submitting using the online option
- Allowing enough time for processing of your application before contacting us for an update.
Licensing officers will contact you if any additional information is needed to finalise your application.
Current application and licence fees for plumbers can be found in the fee schedule.
An application fee is payable at the time of lodging an application. The application fee is non-refundable and GST is not payable.
If your application is unsuccessful the licence fee will automatically be refunded and posted to the address specified on the application form.
All licences are valid for three years from the date of approval.