Use of gas appliances in public venues
Safe use of gas appliances in public venues
This publication will assist event/venue organises and catering vendors to comply with the safety requirements.
Public venues include convention and exhibition centres, pavilions, halls recreation centres, fairs, fetes, stalls, tents or marquees, and mobile catering vehicles where the community attends. Public venues may be either temporary or permanent structures.
- A temporary structure is considered to be in place for a period of two weeks or less.
- A permanent structure is considered to be a structure that is in place for a period exceeding two weeks.
Read the Guidelines for information relating to public venues and:
- the safe use of gas appliances;
- storage and use of LP Gas;
- ventilation requirements for gas appliances;
- clearances required for gas appliances;
- installation of gas appliances;
- examples of conforming gas installations; and
- a gas safety checklist.
Share this page: