Resources for family and domestic violence support services
Case studies shared by tenant advocates from a community legal centre are availble on the Safe Tenancy WA page.
Factsheets and useful information
- Help and advice from the Department of Communities
- Find a tenant advocate in WA
- Directory of WA’s Community Legal Centres
- Keeping yourself safe online (Women's Council)
- RSPCA WA Pets In Crisis Program
- Your Toolkit - Financial Toolbox
Consumer Protection regularly organises free community education seminars. Upcoming events are listed below:
- Geraldton - 10am, Monday 15 April at Desert Blue
- Bunbury - 10am, Wednesday 17 April at 61 Victoria Street
- Busselton - 10am, Thursday 18 April at Churchill Park Hall
- Tenancy WA - run training for specialist support services
Past training sessions video:
A list of support services is available from Department of Communities.
Family Violence orders
National Domestic Violence Order Scheme - The National Domestic Violence Order Scheme aims to better protect victims and their families. Existing state and territory laws protecting victims and affected family members from domestic violence have not changed. Local police will enforce the conditions regardless of where the DVO was issued.
Restraining orders - applications for a Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO) are made through the Magistrates Court. Legal Aid's Interim Family Violence Restraining Order guide provides a comprehensive informaiton about obtaining a FVRO.
Family Violence Restraining Orders explained by Legal Aid WA
Media / Journalist resources
Full copies of the legislation are available from:
Share this page: