Service of documents

Generally, service of documents can be done by:

  • delivering them to the party personally;
  • posting them to the party’s last known address; or
  • leaving them at the party’s residence, or if they are a principal of a business, at the usual or last known place of business.

In the case of a corporation or association, you can serve the documents by delivering or posting them to its principal place of business or registered office in Western Australia.

It is a matter for you to decide how you will serve the documents and it may depend on the particular circumstances. If in doubt, you should seek independent legal advice.

It is recommended you use registered mail when posting documents as this will give you a received/return record.

Last modified: