If you agree to buy something from a telemarketer you must be given a contract.
The contract must be:
- in writing;
- expressed in plain language, legible and clear;
- delivered within five business days (or longer if you agree), in person, by post or (if you agree) by email .
The contract must clearly state:
- your cooling-off rights (right of termination);
- the full terms of the agreement;
- the total price payable, or how this will be calculated;
- any postal or delivery charges; and
- contact details for the business.
Telemarketers must only contact you within the allowed times.
Do not call register
You can add your Australian phone, mobile and fax numbers to a Do Not Call Register to stop unsolicted marketing calls.
Share this page: