Courtesy renewal reminder notices for licences, permits and registrations are now only sent electronically for the following licensing authorities:
- Building Services Board
- Plumbers Licensing Board
- Director of Energy Safety
- Electrical Licensing Board
- Commissioner for Consumer Protection
- WorkSafe Western Australia Commissioner
The new process:
- for all licence types other than high risk work:
- 3 months before expiry, an SMS will be sent to remind you to update your details
- 2 months before expiry, your renewal reminder will be sent to you by email
- On expiry, an email will be sent to advise you that you must stop doing regulated work
- If applicable, once any late renewal period ends a third email will be sent to you advising that you can no longer renew
- for high risk work licences:
- 3 months before expiry, an SMS will be sent to remind you to renew online
- 2 months before expiry, a reminder will be sent to you by email and SMS
- On expiry, an email will be sent to advise you that you must stop operating
- Once the late renewal period ends a third email will be sent to you advising that you can no longer renew
If you would like to continue to receive courtesy reminders for any licences you hold, you must provide your mobile phone number and email address and keep these details up to date.
You can update your details:
You will no longer receive renewal reminders if you do not provide electronic contact details for your licence, permit or registration. You are reminded that it is your responsibility to ensure your licence is current at all times you are performing regulated work.
If you hold more than one type of licence and are updating your details through the online system you can update all of them at the same time.