Frequently asked questions

This page is for: 
Gas worker


What are the benefits to me and my business from using eNotice?

The potential benefits are:

  • quicker, more convenient and cheaper than completion and delivery of paper forms;

  • better quality of information and less rework for everyone;

  • accessible via mobile devices for on-site submission;

  • copying of previous notices for repeat work;

  • ability to submit copies to all relevant parties (if customer details are provided); and

  • eNotice keeps a record of previously lodged notices for viewing at a later date.

Can I still use paper forms?

Yes. You have the choice of either paper or eNotice lodgement.

Are paper Notices also required to be submitted if I am using eNotice?

A paper notice is not required to be submitted if an eNotice has been lodged.

When will paper forms be phased out?

The intention is to eventually phase out the use of paper forms completely but a timescale has not yet been decided.

Is there a cost associated with using eNotice?

There are no additional fees for using eNotice. The cost to Building and Energy of running eNotice is recovered through licence fees, similar to the cost of paper forms.

How do I start using the system?

First, you need to register as a user of the system. Go to eNoticeclick ‘Register’ and follow the prompts.

Who can I submit notices to using eNotice? 

All gas suppliers, gas customers (owner/occupier or builder/dealer) and Building and Energy.


How do I register to use eNotice?

Go to eNotice, click ‘Register’ and follow the prompts.

I do not know my registered email address with Building and Energy

Contact Building and Energy on 6251 2000.

My email address is not being accepted

Contact Building and Energy on 6251 2000.

I did not receive the security code

Check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy by calling 6251 2000.

I did not receive the email with my sign-in details

Check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy by calling 6251 2000.

I am having difficulties registering to use the system. Where can I get additional information or assistance?

Refer to the eNotice video tutorial for registration assistance. For further registration assistance contact Building and Energy on 6251 2000 or email

Can I set up access for my staff to create and lodge notices?

Yes. You can register multiple users under your licence. You can add or modify user details at any time. Just sign in to eNotice and click on the ‘User management’ menu option.

I am a subcontractor working for different companies. Can I set up as an eNotice user to lodge notices for work for numerous companies?

You can be registered as an eNotice user for more than 1 company. You can add or modify company details at any time. Just sign in to eNotice and click on the ‘My companies’ menu option.

Log in details

I have forgotten my password

If you forget your password, you can click on the ‘Forgot password’ option and follow the prompts and a new password will be sent to your registered email address.

I want to change my password

You can change your password at any time by using the ‘Change password’ option on the eNotice main menu.

Lodging a notice

The Meter number is not recognised?

If the meter number is not recognised by eNotice, you should first verify that you have the correct number and have entered it correctly. If you are sure the number is correct, you can proceed with completion of the notice – this is an alert function and does not prevent proceeding to lodgement.

My company details are not correct/there?

Details are accessible via the ‘My companies’ menu option. You can change these details yourself as the registered user.

My gas fitter details are not correct?


  • update your contact details here; or

  • in the main eNotice menu, select the ‘My details’ button. You will be redirected to the Building and Energy website to update your details.

In both cases the changes are effective immediately.

How do I send a customer a copy of the notice?

If you enter a valid email address for the customer, eNotice will automatically send a PDF copy of the notice to that address and confirm this in the email advice to you. If you did not provide an email address for the customer or if the address is invalid and the email is not deliverable, the emailed advice to you will state that the notice was not provided to the customer and that you must send a copy via some other means.

eNotice has no means of checking if the customer’s email address (as provided by you) is indeed the correct email for that customer – it is your responsibility to ensure that the email address is correct.

I have lodged a notice but have not received a confirming email and PDF copy.

First check that your email address matches the address registered with Building and Energy. If so, and you haven’t received an email and notice within 30 minutes of lodgement, call Building and Energy on 6251 1904 or send an email to

When would I use the ‘New NOC (from existing)’ option?

If you do a lot of repeat work, you can go to the ‘New NOC (from existing)’ menu option, enter a previously lodged notice number, review and change details as required and then lodge it as a new notice without going through each step.

The address is not recognised?

eNotice automatically validates the entered address with the Landgate database. If there is no match (this could happen for different reasons), a number of optional addresses will be suggested to you which you can either select from or ignore and retain the address you have entered. This is an alert function only and does not prevent proceeding through the form.

The location is remote and there is no street name or number. How do I fill out the location details?

You should:

  • Write ‘unknown’ or similar in the ‘Street’ field (this is a mandatory field);

  • Enter the town or district name in the ‘Locality’ field (this is a mandatory field);

  • In the ‘Directions’ field enter GPS coordinates (if known) and or other directions/instructions as required to identify the location of the premises;

  • Select the ‘Next’ button to use the entered address (and override the address validation function).

I don’t know the gas supplier. Where do I send the notice?

You should send the notice to Building and Energy. This is the same procedure when using paper forms.

I am having difficulties using the system to lodge a notice. Where can I get additional information or assistance?

Refer to the eNotice video tutorials or contact Building and Energy on 6251 1904 or

Do I need to know the Owner/Occupier details if I’m only dealing with the Builder/Dealer?

It is ok if you only have the Builder/Dealer’s details at the time of the gasfitting work. The minimum information required to complete this section of the form is one name (either the Owner/Occupier or Builder/Dealer) and one related contact (either a phone number or email address).

In the work details for a new installation what do you mean by “Have you commenced supply”?

This relates to you being the first person to commence gas flow through the gas meter or from the gas supplier’s cylinders.

At the final review and certification stage on the NOC, is it ok to alter  the “Date of Completion” manually?

Yes. The date provided by the system is a default date relating to the last time you drafted or amended the NOC.

Draft notices

Why would I use the facility for creating and saving draft notices?

This facility may be useful in the following circumstances:

  • Not all the necessary information is known and the notice is completed at a later date.

  • Office staff preparing a notice for on-site completion by the gas fitter.

  • A paper copy of the draft is taken to site in an area without internet coverage for manual recording of details and subsequent online completion and lodgement. Drafts can be printed and are given a notice number which can be entered on the compliance badge.

  • If your details in section 9 of the notice are not correct, you can save the notice as a draft then update your contact details in ‘My details’. Your new contact details will automatically be entered into section 9 of the draft notice.

I won’t have internet access on the job. How can I lodge an eNotice?

On-site information can be manually recorded on a blank paper form or draft notice for online completion at another time/place when internet access is available.

Amending a lodged notice

Can I amend or cancel a NOC I have lodged using eNotice?

Yes, you can amend a notice of completion you have lodged, however you cannot cancel a notice of completion you have lodged.

If I amend a NOC, what happens to the original one I lodged?

The original of any NOC that is lodged is retained as a permanent record in eNotice, together with the amended NOC. The original is marked as “void” once an amended version is lodged. The amended notice is marked as "amended" and has the same notice number as the original, with the addition of a suffix.

Is there a time limit on when I can amend a NOC I have lodged?

Yes, you can amend a lodged NOC at any time within seven (7) calendar days following lodgement.

What do I do if, after seven calendar days, I realise I need to make an important correction to a NOC I’ve lodged but eNotice no longer allows me to amend it?

You will need to lodge a new NOC and include a clear explanation of why this is necessary, together with a reference to the previous notice lodged in error. The new NOC will have a new (different) number.

When would it be appropriate to amend a lodged NOC?

Amendment is recommended if you consider an error in the lodged NOC is important to defining what you have declared and certified on the notice, including (but not limited to):

  • Inaccurate gas supplier.
  • Premise address.
  • Type and details of the completed gas installation.
  • Answers to compliance declaration questions.
  • Gas fitter licence number.
  • Date of completion.
  • Where a NOC has been lodged in error, such as:
    • Duplication of a previously lodged notice (for the same work).
    • Accidental premature lodgement (e.g. where the intention was to save as a draft). 

Amendment is not necessary for minor errors that do not compromise your certification of the work performed, such as:

  • Simple spelling errors;
  • Inaccurate contact details for a builder.

What happens if I accidentally lodge 2 notices for the same work at the same premises?

Both notices are recorded in eNotice indefinitely. However, it is recommended that you amend one of the notices to make it clear which one you wish to be used for inspection and audit purposes.


Do I need to advise the Gas Supplier, Building and Energy or the customer that I am amending a NOC I have previously lodged in eNotice?

No, you do not need to separately notify anyone. However, when you amend a lodged NOC, you need to provide (in eNotice) the reason for the change - additional input fields are provided for this purpose. The recipients receive this information with the amended NOC.

Rather than lodging an amended NOC, why can’t I simply ask the Gas Supplier or Building and Energy to alter their records?

A lodged NOC is a legal document certified by the gas fitter. Any change required to a lodged NOC can, likewise, be made legally by the gas fitter only.

Share this page:

Last modified: