Contact Wageline

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

Wageline logo 2016.png   Wageline is open on 1300 655 266 between:

  • 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
  • 9am to 4.30pm Tuesday

Wageline is not open on WA public holidays

Two systems of employment law operate in WA - the state system and the national fair work system. Whether Wageline can answer your question may depend on which system covers your business or your employment. 

The Which system of employment law applies page details which types of businesses and employees are in each system. 

What you can contact Wageline about

Image of Map of Western Australia  Private sector state system employers and employees can contact Wageline about

  • pay rates, leave entitlements, and hours of work, including WA award and minimum entitlements 
  • requirements when an employee resigns, is dismissed, or made redundant, including what to do if you believe you have been unfairly dismissed  
  • steps employees can take if they believe they have been underpaid, experienced wage theft, or not provided with an annual or long service leave entitlement
  • what employees can do if they are experiencing workplace bullying or workplace sexual harassment 

Information on all these topics is also on our website. 

Image of map of Australia  Private sector state and national system employers and employees can contact Wageline about: 

  • long service leave in Western Australia – if working in the construction industry please contact MyLeave 
  • what employees can do if they believe they have not be provided with a long service leave entitlement
  • how old children must be to work in specific jobs or industries in Western Australia

Information on all these topics is also on our website. 

Image of question mark icon  To check which system covers you:

Questions Wageline cannot help with

Unfortunately Wageline cannot help with the following issues:

  • pay rates, hours of work, resignation/dismissal/redundancy and leave entitlements (other than long service leave) for national system employees - contact the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94 or
  • questions about national modern awards - contact the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94 or
  • employment issues for public sector employees - contact the Human Resource area of your employing agency
  • Local government questions about:
    • Pay rates, working hours, rostering and specifics of taking leave where the employee is covered by an industrial agreement or new State instrument (for local government employers  that transferred from the national system on 1 January 2023) contact the human resources area of the local government
    • Long service leave entitlements for most local government employees in WA come from the Local Government (Long Service Leave) Regulations. Contact the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries on 1300 762 511 or email
  • questions about specific provisions in registered state industrial agreements or individual contracts of employment.

Wageline also does not provide information on :

Information Wageline needs to answer your question 

When you contact Wageline, you may need to provide the answers to the following questions so that the correct information can be provided to you:

  • the Trading Name of the business, name of the employer and the Australian Business Number (ABN), so that Wageline can undertake a check of whether the business is likely to be in the state or national industrial relations system (for example - Jane's Coffee Services ABN 123 456 789)
  • the industry the business is in, and the nature of the work done by the business, including (if relevant) the products produced, transported or sold (for example - undertaking coffee bean roasting in a factory for a business producing and wholesaling bags coffee beans)
  • details of the work done by the employee (for example - co-ordinating the roasting process, filling tubs of coffee beans, basic maintenance and cleaning of machines and other equipment)
  • if the employee is a support worker in the community services sector - whether they are employed directly by a householder in a private capacity, or employed through an agency or support organisation
  • where in WA the employee is working name of regional town or suburb of Perth (as some WA awards only apply in certain parts of the state)
  • whether the employee is full time, part time or casual
  • whether the employee is an apprentice or trainee, including what type of apprenticeship or traineeship, and for an apprenticeship the term of the apprenticeship and the year of the apprenticeship 
  • whether the employee has a trade qualification relevant to the industry (for example a qualified bricklayer)               
  • the age of the employee if under 21 (as junior rates apply in many industries), and if the query is about ending employment, whether the employee 45 years of age or older 
  • how long the employee has been working for the business 

Please provide specific details about what the information is you are seeking from Wageline, to help us answer your question. You are welcome to include any other information about the business or the job being performed that may be relevant.

Any information you provide will be kept confidential. 

How to contact Wageline 

Calling Wageline on 1300 655 266 means we can help you straight away and ask you for all the information we need to correctly answer your questions. Sometimes we may need to undertake research and call you back if your query is complex. 

Our email address is - if you email us we will respond to your email within five business days for general Wageline enquiries. We may not be able to answer your questions via email if the issue is complex or related to WA award coverage due to the number of questions we need to ask, so we may ask you contact us by phone.

Wageline cannot provide specific employment information via our social media channels.

Translating and Interpreting Service and National Relay Service

If you require a translation service when calling Wageline, please use the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.

The National Relay Service helps people who are deaf, hearing and/or speech-impaired contact Wageline. Call the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 and ask to call Wageline on 1300 655 266, or visit the National Relay Service website.



Last modified: