Application to change authorised premises (Motor vehicles)
Who can apply to change authorised premises
A motor vehicle dealer, repair business or car market operator who intends to add new premises to the existing licence, move from current premises to new premises or cease a premises.
An authorised premises is a location/vehicle that has been approved under the Act(s) and issued a Certificate of Authorised Premises (“C.A.P.”).
If you are simply changing postal address, please email this information to email@example.com.
What do I need to lodge a complete application
To apply to change an authorised premises you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:
- Complete all of the relevant sections of the correct application form.
- Attach/pay the correct fee. This is payable at the time of lodging the application.
- Sign the authorisation and declaration section of the form. This applies to all directors/partners or the sole trader.
Should you require assistance with completing the application, please contact the Licensing Branch by telephone on 1300 304 064 (within Australia) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Protection sends courtesy renewal reminders to licensees. These reminders are sent electronically (via sms and email) so it is important that you inform Consumer Protection of your most up to date contact details.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: