Application for a motor vehicle salesperson's licence
Who needs to apply for a licence
A motor vehicle salesperson is someone who is employed or engaged by or on behalf of a dealer to buy or sell motor vehicles.
What do I need to do to lodge a complete application
To apply for a licence you must lodge a complete application. This means you must:
- Complete all of the relevant sections of the correct application form.
- Provide the relevant Police Check, which is not more than three (3) months old at the time of lodgement. Only Police Checks issued by our list of approved providers will be accepted.
- Attach a copy of the Certificate issued on the successful completion of the Salesperson's Course.
- Ensure a representative from your employing dealership has completed the Employer Declaration form and it’s ready to attach.
- Attach/pay the correct fee. This is payable at the time of lodging the application.
- Check to make sure the application form is complete and you have provided all relevant supporting documents.
Should you require assistance with completing the application, please contact the Licensing Branch by telephone on 1300 30 40 64 (within Australia) or email.
How to submit your application
Once you have completed the application form and have all of your supporting documents ready, you can lodge your application in one of three ways:
|Online||By Post||In person (including payments|
Lodge and pay for your application
If you are submitting your application by post and are making payment by credit card, you must also complete the Application Payment Form and attach it to your application. Applications received without payment cannot be accepted.
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Consumer Protection sends courtesy renewal reminders to licensees. These reminders are sent electronically (via sms and email) so it is important you inform Consumer Protection of your most up to date contact details.
Share this page: