Application for a motor vehicle yard manager's licence
Application for a motor vehicle yard manager's licence last updated 4 December 2020
Who needs to apply for a licence
A yard manager is someone employed or engaged by a dealer to manage or supervise the dealer's business of buying and/or selling vehicles. A yard manager must hold a valid Yard Manager's licence.
What do I need to do to lodge a complete application
To apply for a licence you must lodge a complete application. This means you must:
- Complete all of the relevant sections of the correct application form.
- Attach/pay the correct fee. This is payable at the time of lodging the application.
- Provide the relevant Police Check(s), which are not more than three (3) months old at the time of lodgement. Only Police Checks issued by our list of approved providers will be accepted.
- Attach a copy of the Dealer/Yard Manager Licence Requirements Course Certificate.
- Check to make sure that the application form is complete and that you have provided all relevant supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
Certified copies of supporting documents will be accepted and original documents will not be returned. A list of occupations that are authorised to certify documents can be found on our Authorised witness page.
Should you require assistance with completing the application, please contact the Licensing Branch by telephone on 1300 304 064 (within Australia) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: the Commissioner can attach conditions or restrictions to any licence.
Consumer Protection sends courtesy renewal reminders to licensees. These reminders are sent electronically (via sms and email) so it is important that you inform Consumer Protection of your most up to date contact details.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: