Application for a motor vehicle yard manager's licence
Who needs to apply for a licence
A yard manager is someone employed or engaged by a dealer to manage or supervise the dealer's business of buying and/or selling vehicles. A yard manager must hold a valid Yard Manager's licence.
What you need to do to get a licence
To apply for a licence you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:
- Complete the application form
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Prove your identity and that you are over 18 years of age
- Original or certified copy of an Australian police check not more than three (3) months old at the time of application
Show you have sufficient knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act by successfully completing the Motor Vehicle Yard Manager Licensing Course.
If you are thinking of becoming a motor vehicle yard manager and want more information contact the licensing advice line on 1300 304 064.
Note: the Commissioner can attach conditions or restrictions to any licence.
Lodging your application
The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: