Application for a motor vehicle yard manager's licence

This publication is for: 
Motor industry

Who needs to apply for a licence

A yard manager is someone employed or engaged by a dealer to manage or supervise the dealer's business of buying and/or selling vehicles. A yard manager must hold a valid Yard Manager's licence.

What you need to do to get a licence

To apply for a licence you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:

  • Complete the application form
  • Pay the appropriate fee
  • Prove your identity and that you are over 18 years of age
  • Original or certified copy of an Australian police check not more than three (3) months old at the time of application
  • Show you have sufficient knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act by successfully completing the Motor Vehicle Yard Manager Licensing Course.

If you are thinking of becoming a motor vehicle yard manager and want more information contact the licensing advice line on 1300 304 064.

Note: the Commissioner can attach conditions or restrictions to any licence.

Lodging your application

The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.

The fees and forms page contains further details about:

  • how to lodge your application;
  • relevant fees; 
  • other licensing forms; and 
  • how to contact us.
Consumer Protection
Form – application
Last updated 07 Feb 2020

Share this page:

Last modified: