Application for a real estate and business agent licence and triennial certificate
Application for a real estate and business agent's licence - individual last updated December 2020.
Who needs to apply for a licence
Any individuals, partnerships or companies wishing to operate as real estate or business agents in Western Australia are required, under the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978, to be licensed and hold a current triennial certificate.
What do I need to do to lodge a complete application
To apply for a licence and triennial certificate you must lodge a complete application. This means you must:
- complete all of the relevant sections of the application form
- attach/pay the correct fee
- provide the relevant police check/s, which are not more than three (3) months old at the time of lodgement, for all partners/directors or the sole trader. Only police checks issued by our list of approved providers will be accepted.
- ensure that the two business references have been completed for each partner/director or the sole trader using the pro forma, and that they are ready to attach
- provide evidence of your sufficient practical experience (curriculum vitae and list of transactions)*
- provide evidence of your successful completion of a prescribed qualification (for sole traders only)
- check to make sure that the application form is complete and that you have provided all relevant supporting documents
*The Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978 prescribes that a person applying for a licence has ‘sufficient practical experience’. Your experience will be assessed on the duties you have performed taking into account the volume, nature, type, recentness and complexity of transactions negotiated.
Re-applying for a licence
If your real estate and business agent licence has expired (because you left the industry and/or did not pay the holding fee in accordance with the Regulations to retain the licence) and you wish to re-apply, you can qualify by providing evidence that you have held a licence within the previous five years and traded for at least two of those years.
How to submit your application
Once you have completed the application form and have all of your supporting documents ready, you can lodge your application in one of three ways:
|Online||By Post||In person (including payments|
Lodge and pay for your applications for:
If you are submitting your application by post and are making payment by credit card, you must also complete the Application Payment Form and attach it to your application. Applications received without payment cannot be accepted.
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Share this page: