Application for renewal of a real estate and business agent triennial certificate
Any individuals, partnerships or companies wishing to operate as real estate or business agents in Western Australia are required, under the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978, to be licensed and hold a current triennial certificate.
What do I need to complete an application
To renew a licence you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:
- complete all of the relevant sections of the application form
- attach/pay the correct fee
- An original or certified copy of an Australian police check (not more than three months old)
- sign the authorisation and declaration
Late renewal applications
- Applications lodged within one month of expiry or surrender of your triennial certificate:
- the licence period shall be deemed to take effect for the period of 3 years from the day next succeeding the day on which the triennial certificate expired or was surrendered, regardless of the date on which the renewal application is granted.
- Renewal applications lodged more than one month and up to 12 months after the expiry of your triennial certificate:
- the licence period will take effect for a period of 3 years either from the date on which the renewal application is granted OR, providing you demonstrate reasonable cause, the next day succeeding the day on which the triennial certificate expired or was surrendered, as determined by the Commissioner.
- Renewal applications lodged more than 12 months after the expiry or surrender of your triennial certificate:
- the licence period will take effect for a period of 3 years from the day renewal application is granted.
Please note: From 1 January 2020, the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978 permits a licence holder to surrender their triennial certificate in respect of a licence at any time. Once a triennial certificate has been surrendered, or expires, the licence holder has 60 days from the date of expiry of the triennial certificate to place their licence on hold. If a licence has not been placed on hold within 60 days from expiry, the licence will cease and no triennial certificate can be renewed pursuant to that ceased license. This is particularly relevant for items 2 and 3 above.
Lodging your application
The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: