Application for WA charitable collections licence
Form last updated 23 November 2020
This form is used to apply for a Charitable Collections licence in Western Australia.
- Type directly into this form electronically before printing and signing it or hand print neatly using an ink pen in block letters.
- Tick where appropriate and attach additional pages if space in this form is insufficient.
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- No funds may be solicited or collected for any charitable purpose until a licence is issued.
Charitable purposes requiring a licence
Organisations that wish to collect money or goods from the Western Australian public for charitable purposes must be licenced under the Charitable Collections Act 1946 (the Act).
The purposes for which a licence is required include:
- the relief of the sick, infirm, incurable, poor, destitute, helpless or unemployed people or their dependants;
- the relief of distress caused by war, and the support of people who have been members of the armed forces;
- the support of hospitals, infant health centres, and other activities of a social or welfare character;
- animal welfare, conservation and environmental causes; or
- any benevolent, philanthropic or patriotic purpose.
Who can apply for a licence
Information you will need to provide with form
- certificate of incorporation or registration and governing documents (rules/constitution or trust deed). This information is not required for organisation’s incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA);
- latest financial report including an income and expenditure statement and balance sheet (not required for newly registered organisations).
- $250,000 or over but less than $1,000,000 it will be necessary to complete a review or audit each year; or
- $1,000,000 or over it will be necessary to complete an audit each year.
Lodging your application
The Charities forms and publications page contains further details on:
- how to lodge this application
- additional Charities forms and
- how to contact us