Archive - Submissions - Work Health and Safety Regulations
The three-month public consultation period for developing recommendations for the adoption of the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) regulations in Western Australia ended on 26 November 2019. A total of 68 submissions provided a range of views on WHS topics.
The Work Health and Safety Bill 2019 was passed by Parliament on 3 November 2020 and was assented on 10 November 2020. The Work Health and Safety Act 2020 (WHS Act) will not be operational until regulations are complete. Work to develop the regulations is presently underway and will continue in 2021.
The new WHS Act will replace the current Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, and elements of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994, the Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Resources Act 1967, the Petroleum (Submerged Lands) Act 1982, the Petroleum Pipelines Act 1969 and the Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Safety Levies Act 2011 that relate to work health and safety.
Below is the list of submissions received as a result of the public consultations. Of the 68 submissions received, 20 remain confidential by request of the submitter.
The views and opinions in the following submissions are expressly those of the authors, and cannot be said to represent the views or policy position of the department.
Confidentiality and accessibility information
Some submissions were modified to remove personal information not specifically authorised for publication or that is not in the public domain. This includes some contact and personal details, and electronic signatures.
This process has not modified the substantive content, yet may have resulted in minor changes to the appearance of the submission. If you believe there have been changes to content of the document please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the WorkSafe Contact Centre on 1300 307 877.
Each submission is a third party document and DMIRS has conducted a basic review to ensure the majority of the substantive content is accessible. There may be elements of each submission, for example scanned or hand-written elements, that are not accessible. If you are having difficulties accessing the document please email email@example.com or call the WorkSafe Contact Centre on 1300 307 877.
- Association of Mining and Exploration Companies
- Australasian Faculty of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Occupational Medicine
- Australian Gas Infrastructure Group
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Institute of Health and Safety
- Australian Institute of Mine Surveyors
- Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union
- Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association Limited
- Australian Workers' Union and CFMMEU WA
- Aztech Well Construction Pty Ltd
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia
- Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union, Construction and General WA Divisional Branch
- Co-operative Bulk Handling Ltd
- Electrical Trades Union
- Engineers Australia
- Green Jacket Resources Pty Ltd
- Gunn, Pamela
- Housing Industry Association Ltd
- Irvine, Donald Graham
- MACA Limited
- Master Builders WA
- MineOps Software Pty Ltd
- Mining Survey Plus
- National Electrical and Communications Association WA
- Northern Star Resources Ltd
- P3 Risk and Safety Solutions Pty Ltd
- Passmore, Caron
- Rathbone, Mark
- SafeFarms WA
- Small Business Development Corporation
- Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute (SSSI) WA
- Terra Firma Australia
- Think Brick Australia & Concrete Masonry Association of Australia
- WA Department of Finance
- WA Prison Officers Union
- WA School of Mines Alumni
- Water Corporation of WA
- Western Power
- Woods, Justin
- Woodside Energy Ltd
Share this page: