Temporary service outage
This website will be unavailable for a short five minute period between 21:30 and 23:30 on Friday 30th October 2020 and on Sunday 1st November 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
[Archived] - Regulation Impact Statement - Harmonised Work Health and Safety Laws
This information is no longer current and is available on the website for historical purposes only.
At the time the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations were developed a national Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) was developed by Safe Work Australia. An examination of that RIS showed that it did not contain sufficient Western Australian specific content to demonstrate that there were sufficient benefits to be delivered by the model WHS Regulations to offset any costs that would be associated with the adoption of those laws.
Consequently a Western Australian specific RIS process on the model WHS Regulations was undertaken by independent consulting firm Marsden Jacob Associates. The outcome of that process was the preparation of a WA RIS constituted by a main report and associated supporting documents which are available for download below. Those documents were prepared based on public feedback which was obtain from a range of mechanisms – online surveys, focus group discussions and written submissions. The written submissions are also available for download.
- Regulation Impact Statement - Model Work Health and Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice in Western Australia
- Companion report for the Regulation Impact Statement
- Appendices - Regulation Impact Statement - Model Work Health and Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice in Western Australia
When making submissions the contributors were asked whether they were prepared to have their submission made public. A full list of contributors is provided below with access available to the submissions that were marked for public release.
- ABN group
- Australian Industry Group
- Carnival Amusements
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA
- City of Cockburn
- Consult Australia
- Department of Corrective Services
- Department of Health - Environmental Health Division
- Emergency Services Association Management Committee
- Equal Opportunity Commission
- Haztech Environmental
- Master Builders Association
- Mental Health Commission
- Metropolitan Cemeteries Board
- Motor Trade Association of WA
- National Disability Services WA
- National Electrical and Communications Association
- Robyn and Tony Hampton
- Roofing Tile Association
- Safety Institute of Australia Limited
- Shire of Capel
- Southside Scaffolding
- Tim Hunter
- University of Western Australia and Edith Cowan University Work Health and Safety
- WA Energy Research Alliance
- WorkSafe WA
Share this page: