This publication is a summary of pay and entitlements for award free employees.
On 26 June 2020 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2020 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 1.75% per week increase in the state minimum wage from the first pay period on or after 1 January 2021.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous years minimum rates for award free employees page.
This award free summary outlines the minimum rates of pay and entitlements for award free employees, including apprentices and trainees, in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Beauty)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Beauty)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust, trading as Jane’s Beauty)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Beauty)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies that are trading or financial corporations
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website.