Boarders and Lodgers - Your rights and responsibilites
Boarders and lodgers - a guide to your rights and responsibilities
- Am I a boarder, lodger, tenant or sub-tenant?
- If I am renting a room from an existing tenant am I a sub-tenant or lodger?
- What if I am offered a place to stay by my employer?
- Who is a landlord?
- What are my rights as a boarder or lodger?
- What are my responsibilities as a boarder or lodger?
- What should I do before I move in?
- What condition is the property in?
- Ending the agreement
- What is ‘reasonable notice’?
- Do I need to give any notice before I move out?
- Where can I get advice or help to solve a problem?
For more information and general advice:
Consumer Protection Advice Line: 1300 304 054
8.30 am – 5.00 pm Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri
9.00 am – 5.00 pm Thurs
For legal advice you can call the Legal Aid Infoline on 1300 650 579 or visit www.legalaid.wa.gov.au.
Tenancy WA: (08) 9221 0088 or 1800 621 888 (for country callers)
Share this page: