Change of staff details notification - Motor vehicles
Who needs to complete this form
Motor vehicle dealers and motor vehicle repair businesses are required to report details of changes to licensed staff, including details of staff including new staff and staff no longer employed within the business, within 14 days of the change.
Section 7G of the Motor Vehicle Repairs Regulations 2007 states:
7G. Change of certain information, licensee to notify Commissioner of:
- In this regulation, qualified repairer of a licensee means:
- a repairer of the licensee who holds a certificate for the class, or any of the classes, of repair work carried out by the licensee; and
- if the licensee carries out autogas work — a repairer of the licensee who holds a Class E permit or authorisation for the type, or any of the types, of gas fuel system on which the licensee carries out autogas work.
- This regulation applies to a licensee if any of the following events occurs -
- a person ceases to be a qualified repairer of the licensee;
- a person becomes a qualified repairer of the licensee.
- The licensee must, within 14 days after an event mentioned in subregulation (2) occurs, notify the Commissioner in writing of the event, specifying —
- the full name of the person concerned; and
- the day on which the person ceases to be, or becomes, a qualified repairer of the licensee.
Penalty: a fine of $2 000.
What you need to complete the form
Staff details including:
- Role in the business
- Licence or Certificate Number
- Date employed or date ceased employment
How to submit your form
Click on CP Licensing for the pop-up email to complete your change of details.
If you have any difficulty, please simply copy and paste the below email message body into a new email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email message body:
Please update the employment records held by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation & Safety (DMIRS), according to the information in the table below:
|Employer name & licence no.||Employee name & licence/certificate no||Role||Date employment commenced||Date employment ceased|
- Completed by: (name & role)
Please update my contact details to the following (if applicable):
- Residential address:
- Postal address:
- Phone number:
- Email address:
Consumer Protection sends courtesy renewal reminders to licensees. These reminders are sent electronically (via sms and email) so it is important that you inform Consumer Protection of your most up to date contact details.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: