Temporary service outage
This website will be unavailable for a short five minute period between 21:30 and 23:30 on Friday 30th October 2020 and on Sunday 1st November 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
COVID-19 Residential Tenancies Mandatory Conciliation Service flowchart
Flowchart last updated: 17 September 2020
This flowchart explains how the mandatory conciliation process works. For additional information, including how to apply, see the COVID-19 Residential Tenancies Mandatory Conciliation Service page.
Does the conciliation service apply to you?
This service is available if you have a dispute listed below that occurred during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic emergency period, which is 30 March 2020 to 28 March 2021:
- rent repayment – within three months of the end of the emergency period
- termination – within six months of the event date
- repairs – within six months of the event date
- attempted rent increase – within six months of the event date
- modification of terms of agreement (from fixed-term to periodic) – within six months of the event date
Note: while this informal process is in place to help landlords and tenants reach agreement without putting strain on the Magistrates Court and State Administrative Tribunal system, certain matters can go straight to court/tribunal including:
- undue hardship
- serious injury/damage to premises
- termination of perpetrator’s interest in lease due to family and domestic violence
Share this page: