Employment agent licensed activities
The below information provides a description of activities which a Western Australia (WA) licensed employment agent is permitted to perform. If you are a WA licensee visiting another state under JobPass, you are only allowed to perform the activities listed below.
If you need to apply for a WA licence more information is available on the Becoming an employment agent page.
Licence Identifier: EA00 – EA00000
Scope of work
Can carry on a business as an employment agent under the Employment Agents Act 1976 (the Act). This includes traditional employment agencies and employment brokers, as well as booking agencies, babysitting agencies, housesitting agencies, and cleaning agencies.
Licence must be held individually and can be held on behalf of an employer
- Place people in jobs and receive from the employer an ‘entrance fee’, periodical contribution or any other charge for your services.
- Provide services for matching offers of, and applications for employment;
- Provide services for employing workers with a view to making them available to a third party.
- Provide other services relating to job-seeking, such as the provision of information, assisting with preparation of applications, resumes and interview skills.
- Interview jobseekers and try to match their qualifications and skills to those required by employers for specific job openings.”
To get a WA licence
- Must have an Australian Police Check
- Must be of person of good character and repute and a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- Must provide a schedule of fees
- Must pay an application fee
To keep a WA licence
- Must renew the licence every three years
- Must comply with Employment Agents Act 1976 and Employment Agents Regulations 1976
Share this page: