Fitness Industry Code of Practice Consultation Report September 2019
New fitness code published
The Fair Trading (Fitness Industry Code) Regulations 2020 (WA) (that contain the new Fitness Industry Code) were published on 29 September 2020. This mandatory code comes into effect on 1 July 2021.
The Fitness Industry Code of Practice Review 2018 – Public consultation paper was released in June 2018. Submissions to the paper closed on 27 August 2018.
Stakeholders were invited to submit feedback through an online survey or by a written submission.
Current consultation phase
Consultation on this review is now complete. More than 200 responses were received in response to the consultation paper. The Fitness Industry Code of Practice Consultation Report September 2019 represents a snapshot of the views provided during the consultation period to the Department is now available.
Consultation helps the Government make informed decisions. The report only depicts some of what we heard. Every submission was read and evaluated and has contributed to our understanding of your view of the Fitness Industry Code of Practice.
From here the Government will make a decision on how to progress and this will be presented as a Final Report. When this is available it will be published on the Department’s website.
Downloads and resources
The Department’s Fitness Services web pages provide more details on the code. The Department’s publication Fitness Industry guide to the code of practice outlines the key features of the Code.
- Fitness Industry Code of Practice Review 2018 – Public Consultation Paper
- Consumer Protection: Fitness industry guide to the Code of Practice
- Fair Trading (Fitness Industry Interim Code) Regulations (No. 2) 2017 (WA)
- Fair Trading (Fitness Industry Interim Code) Regulations 2018 (WA)
- Fair Trading (Fitness Industry Interim Code) Regulations 2019 (WA)
- Fair Trading (Fitness Industry Interim Code) Regulations 2020 (WA)
Share this page: