The Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is committed to the highest possible standards of openness, probity and accountability in all its affairs.
The department has zero tolerance for fraud, corruption or misconduct (fraud or corruption). Suspected fraud or corruption will be reported, investigated and resolved in accordance with internal policies and procedures and the Corruption, Crime and Misconduct Act 2003. All legal obligations to the principles of procedural fairness will be met.
The department adheres to the Western Australian Public Sector Code of Ethics principles of:
- Personal Integrity – we act with care and diligence and make decisions that are honest, fair, impartial, and timely, and consider all relevant information.
- Relationships with others – we treat people with respect, courtesy and sensitivity and recognise their interests, rights, safety and welfare.
- Accountability – we use the resources of the state in a responsible and accountable manner that ensures the efficient, effective and appropriate use of human, natural, financial and physical resources, property and information.
All employees share in the collective responsibility to assess the risk of fraud and corruption in the activities undertaken in their business area, identify and report suspected fraud or corruption, and behave ethically and promote a culture of integrity in the workplace.
This Fraud and Corruption Control Plan (the Plan) details the department’s intended action in implementing and monitoring fraud and corruption prevention, detection and response initiatives.
The Plan has been developed in line with Australian Standard AS8001-2008 Fraud and Corruption Control, and forms an integral part of the department’s Risk Management Framework.
This plan applies to:
- all employees whether by way of appointment, secondment, contract, temporary arrangement or volunteering, work experience, trainees and interns; and
- any external party involved in providing goods and services, with or without receipt of payment, to the department, such as contractors,