Landgate conveyancing industry group: Settlement agents bulletin issue 63 (January 2017)
12 January 2017
From 2017 the Commonwealth Government is introducing new reporting requirements in relation to real estate property transfers in Western Australia.
Landgate, the lead agency involved in the introduction of the new reporting requirements, will be developing a portal to allow for the input of the data.
This provides an opportunity for some re-design of the front end of the Electronic Advice of Sale (EAS) system.
Landgate considers it important that the conveyancing industry provide input to the re-design process and therefore is establishing a small portal co-design and test group (co-design group).
The co-design group should be representative of the conveyancing industry, with a mix of industry representation and skills, from organisations of different sizes, and from both metro and regional areas.
Landgate encourages nominations from settlement agents, property lawyers and others involved in the conveyancing process.
Ideally, nominees should be professionals who use the existing EAS system, have experience or knowledge in conveyancing processes and are willing to represent the needs of the wider conveyancing community.
This is an opportunity to represent your industry in this important re-development.
The key details for the co-design group are:
- Meetings will begin early-mid February and take place fortnightly, with frequent email/ online contact. As the design is formalised meetings may become less frequent.
- It is envisaged the co-design group will be required for approximately three months.
- Meetings be for a maximum of two hours, be held at an agreed time to allow for daily work schedules.
- Meetings will be held in the city or at the Midland Landgate office.
- Members of the group must be available for the entire period and be able to commit to responding during this agile design, development and test process, e.g. a group member cannot swap out and be replaced by another representative.
The Department of Commerce is not involved in facilitating or participating in the co-design group. This bulletin has been sent to settlement agents on behalf of Landgate to canvass their interest in participating in this change initiative that will affect the conveyancing industry in the future.
If you are interested in contributing to the design and development and can commit for the required timeframe, please download and complete the nomination form (DOC) and send by email to ATO Property Reporting by cob Friday 27 January 2017.
Share this page: