Mentally healthy workplaces for fly-in fly-out (FIFO) workers in the resources and construction sectors
This code of practice provides guidance on creating and maintaining a mentally healthy workplace through:
- providing an environment that promotes good health and wellbeing
- the application of a risk management process to avoid or minimise the harm from psychosocial hazards and risk factors and develop a mentally healthy workplace
- developing response strategies (intervention) for workers when there are concerns regarding work-related stress or exposure to psychosocial hazards and risk factors
- providing an environment that supports recovery.
- It applies to workplaces in Western Australia that utilise fly-in fly-out (FIFO) work arrangements. This includes:
- resources operations (minerals and petroleum sectors) that are engaged in activities such as exploration, construction, mining or processing, or support such activities (e.g. drilling contractors, facilities management)
- construction work not related to resources operations.
Share this page: