Mentally healthy workplaces for fly-in fly-out (FIFO) workers in the resources and construction sectors
Transition arrangements allow for codes of practice approved under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 to continue being in effect as if approved by the Minister under the WHS Act.
This code of practice provides guidance on creating and maintaining a mentally healthy workplace through:
- providing an environment that promotes good health and wellbeing
- the application of a risk management process to avoid or minimise the harm from psychosocial hazards and risk factors and develop a mentally healthy workplace
- developing response strategies (intervention) for workers when there are concerns regarding work-related stress or exposure to psychosocial hazards and risk factors
- providing an environment that supports recovery.
- It applies to workplaces in Western Australia that utilise fly-in fly-out (FIFO) work arrangements. This includes:
- resources operations (minerals and petroleum sectors) that are engaged in activities such as exploration, construction, mining or processing, or support such activities (e.g. drilling contractors, facilities management)
- construction work not related to resources operations.
Share this page: