Motor vehicle repair business - New application - Partnership or body corp
Who needs to apply for a licence
Are you an individual/sole trader wanting to apply for a repair business licence?
Please use the Motor vehicle repair business - New application - Individual form.
What do I need to do to lodge a complete application
To apply for a licence you must lodge a complete application. This means you must:
- Complete all of the relevant sections of the application form.
- Attach/pay the correct fee. This is payable at the time of lodging the application.
- Provide the relevant Police Check(s), which are not more than three (3) months old at the time of lodgement, for all partners/directors or the sole trader. Only Police Checks issued by our list of approved providers will be accepted.
- Meet the requirements for obtaining a repair business licence.
- Sign the authorisation and declaration section of the form. This applies to all directors/partners or the sole trader.
- Check to make sure that the application form is complete and that you have provided all relevant supporting documents.
Should you require assistance with completing the application, please contact the Licensing Branch by telephone on 1300 30 40 64 (within Australia) or email.
How to submit your application
Once you have completed the application form and have all of your supporting documents ready, you can lodge your application in one of three ways:
|Online||By Post||In person (including payments|
|Lodge and pay for your application||
If you are submitting your application by post and are making payment by credit card, you must also complete the Application Payment Form and attach it to your application. Applications received without payment cannot be accepted.
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Consumer Protection sends courtesy renewal reminders to licensees. These reminders are sent electronically (via sms and email) so it is important to inform Consumer Protection if you need to update your contact details.
Share this page: