Motor vehicle salesperson licensed activities
The below information provides a description of activities which a Western Australia (WA) licensed motor vehicle salesperson is permitted to perform. If you are a WA licensee visiting another state under JobPass, you are only allowed to perform the activities listed below.
If you need to apply for a WA licence more information is available on the Motor vehicle dealers' licensing kit page.
Licence Identifier: MS00 – MS00000
Scope of work
Must be employed by a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer.
Conducts transactions on behalf of the licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer.
- Negotiating with customers for the sale or purchase of vehicles.
- Complete sales contract documentation.
- Take a customer for demonstration drive.
To get a WA licence
- Must have a prescribed qualification or equivalent knowledge
- Must have an Australian police check
- Must be of person of good character and repute and a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- Must be employed by a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer
- Must pay an application fee
To keep a WA licence
- They must renew their licence every three years
They must comply with the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973, and associated Regulations.
Share this page: