Motor vehicle yard manager licensed activities
The below information provides a description of activities which a Western Australia (WA) a licensed motor vehicle yard manager is permitted to perform. If you are a WA licensee visiting another state under AMR, you are only allowed to perform the activities listed below.
If you need to apply for a WA licence more information is available on the Motor vehicle dealers' licensing kit page.
Licence Identifier: MY00 – MY00000
Scope of work
Must be employed by a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer
Manage or supervise the carrying on of that licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer’s business of buying or selling vehicles at one of the premises at which that Dealer carries on that business.
- Negotiating with customers for the sale or purchase of vehicles
- Complete sales contract documentation
- Take a customer for demonstration drive
- Manage the day to day activities of the premises
- Supervise the Motor Vehicle Salespersons at the premises
To get a WA licence
- Must have a prescribed qualification or equivalent knowledge
- Must have an Australian police check
- Must be of person of good character and repute and a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- Must be employed by a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer
- Must pay an application fee
To keep a WA licence
- They must renew their licence every three years
They must comply with the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973, Australian Consumer Law 2010 (WA), and the Retail Trading Hours Act 1987.