Moving in with your family - Multigenerational living and 'granny flat' arrangements
In this publication:
- Multigenerational living: what is it?
- The big picture: what type of living arrangement do you want?
- Granny flat
- Your home for life - the granny flat interest/right
- The granny flat interest/right exceptions
- Co-purchased property
- Getting personal: what do you really need?
- Hard chat: having open and honest discussions with your family
- Protect your interests: the value of independent legal and financial advice
- Legal advice
- Financial advice
- It is OK to say no: when one size doesn’t fit all
- Get it in writing: formalising your agreement
- Plan now: preparing for the future
- Meet and greet: regular meetings promote shared understandings
- Contacts and more information
- Appendix A: Important points to consider
- Appendix B: Future scenarios and conversation starters
- Appendix C: Legal and financial discussion points
Share this page: