Pre-paid funeral CRIS 2011
Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement and Discussion paper.
Proposal for the regulation of pre-paid funerals.
December 2011 (now closed)
A previous consultation process conducted in 2006 resulted in a 2007 Final Report, which forms the basis of this Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement (C-RIS).
The five options proposed in this C-RIS are:
- Option 1: Maintain status quo.
- Option 2: Introduce a Code of Practice under the Fair Trading Act 2010 (FTA 2010) to implement the recommendations of the 2007 Final Report.
- Option 3: Introduce a Code of Practice under the FTA 2010 combining the recommendations and the AFDA requirements.
- Option 4: Amend the informal Funeral Directors Code of Conduct applied by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board.
- Option 5: Introduce specific legislation for prepaid funerals.
Share this page: