Real estate and business agent business reference template
Who needs to complete a reference
A business reference is required when applying for a real estate or business agent licence.
- References from relatives/domestic partner, subordinates, business partners or co-directors will not generally be accepted.
- At least one reference must be from a person external to the applicant’s current place of employment.
- References should be as detailed as possible but include only information that is relevant to the applicant’s suitability to hold a real estate agent’s licence. Any additional relevant information should be attached.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years’ full-time relevant experience in the preceding five years. References should outline the applicant’s relevant experience within this period.
- Where Consumer Protection is unable to determine the applicant’s suitability to hold a real estate agent’s licence due to insufficient information being provided in support of the application, the reference will not be accepted.
- The answers provided should be limited to the person’s character and repute and fitness to hold a licence.
The information provided will assist the Commissioner for Consumer Protection in determining whether an individual is of good character and repute, and a fit and proper person to be concerned in the management or control of a real estate agent’s business, pursuant to sections 28 or 29 of the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978 (“the Act”).
Share this page: