Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme application form

Application for Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme to be completed by tenant. 

Who can apply for the grant?

You are eligible for the grant if:

  • You are tenant or sub-tenant in a private residential property, or a resident in a rooming house, or in a residential park;
  • You live in WA and are permitted to live and work in Australia and are in financial hardship, meaning you:
    • are, or were, unemployed, having lost your job or 50 per cent of your income on or after 20 March 2020 due to COVID-19, or were in receipt of a Centrelink payment (excluding JobKeeper), during the emergency period; and
    • have less than $10,000 in savings; and
    • you pay more than 25 per cent of your income in rent per week;
  • You had a residential tenancy agreement in place as at 1 December 2020;
  • You have rent debt that was accrued or rent waived as at 1 December 2020;
  • You have a bond lodged with the Bond Administrator (if required under the Residential Tenancies Act 1987); and
  • You and your current landlord have entered into a fixed-term tenancy agreement that continues for six months or longer beyond 29 March 2021.

Note: Your rent is the amount that was payable per week as at 1 December 2020.

What documentation is required?

You do not need to provide any documentation in support of your initial application. We may ask for supporting documents once we assess your application.

Documents you may need to make available include:

  • Evidence of a fixed-term tenancy that continues for a minimum of six months beyond 29 March 2021
  • A copy of the rent ledger maintained by the landlord as at 1 December 2020
  • Notice of termination of employment or a stand-down notice on or after 20 March 2020 or evidence of a reduction of 50 per cent or more of your after-tax income
  • Proof you have less than $10,000 in savings (copies of bank statements or balance slips)
  • Proof of any income (Centrelink payment notice, bank statements) 
  • Proof of your entitlement to reside in Australia - citizenship, permanent residency, protection visa, or bridging visa (birth certificate, VEVO certificate, copy of visa or citizenship certificate, passport)
  • Proof of your entitlement to work in Australia (Australian birth certificate, passport, citizenship papers, copy of visa with conditions)
  • If you have lodged a bond with the Bond Administrator, proof of bond lodgement, or proof bond will be registered with the Bond Administrator

How do I apply?

Download and complete the application form above and return it to us by:



Residential Rent Relief Grant
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
Locked Bag 100

We will accept applications until 28 June 2021 or earlier, depending on whether the total grant funding of $30 million is claimed prior to this date.

For more information

Please see the Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme page for frequently asked questions and more details. 

Consumer Protection
Form – application
Last updated 11 Jan 2021

Share this page:

Last modified: