RTA review fact sheet - Landlord disclosure
Consultation status: CLOSED
Submissions closed at 5pm on 30 June 2020.
Should a landlord have to give certain information to a tenant before a tenancy agreement is signed?
- Educate applicant tenants to ask the right questions before they sign a tenancy agreement.
- Require a landlord to tell an applicant tenant certain things about the property, such as any intentions to sell it in the next 12 months or whether it contains asbestos.
- Consumer Protection to maintain, and make publicly available, a database of landlords who have been proven not to comply with the tenancy laws.
Tell us what you think...
- Can a tenant access all of the information they need about a possible rental simply by asking the right questions or purchasing a property inspection report? Why or why not?
- What information should a landlord be required to tell a person applying for a rental? Why?
- Should a public database of landlords who have proven not to comply with tenancy laws be available? Why or why not?
Share this page: