RTA review fact sheet - Making changes to the property
Consultation status: CLOSED
Submissions closed at 5pm on 30 June 2020.
Should a tenant be allowed to make certain changes to the property without a landlord's permission?
- Allow the tenant to make minor changes that do not impact the structural integrity of the property.
- Allow a landlord to deny a request for minor changes, but only in certain circumstances or with a court order.
Tell us what you think...
- What type of changes should a tenant be allowed to make to the property (for example, painting, or installing picture hooks or grab rails)?
- When is it reasonable for a landlord to say no to minor changes?
- Should a landlord be allowed to ask a tenant to pay a “modification bond” to cover the cost of restoring the property at the end of the tenancy agreement?
- If there is a modification bond, what would be a fair amount?
Share this page: