RTA review fact sheet - Making a claim on the bond
Consultation status: CLOSED
Submissions closed at 5pm on 30 June 2020.
Should claims on the bond be made easier for landlords and tenants?
- Allow either the landlord or the tenant to apply for disposal of the bond and the Bond Administrator notifies everyone else.
- If there is a dispute about who is to receive any part of the bond, the Commissioner for Consumer Protection can make a decision.
Tell us what you think...
- Should the process for making a claim on the bond be changed? Why or why not?
- How much time should a landlord or tenant have to tell the Bond Administrator they don’t agree with a claim?
- If there is a dispute about the bond, should the landlord and tenant be required to attend mediation to try to reach an agreement?
- Should the Commissioner or the Court decide any disputes about the bond?
Share this page: