RTA review fact sheet - No grounds terminations
Consultation status: CLOSED
Submissions closed at 5pm on 30 June 2020.
Should "no grounds" terminations by landlords be removed from the Residential Tenancies Act (the RTA)?
- No change to the law.
- Replace no grounds terminations by landlords with new groudn that a landlord can use to terminate a periodic tenancy, such as needing to move back into the property, or wanting to renovate the property.
- Keep no grounds terminations, but increase the notice period a landlord is required to give a tenant.
Tell us what you think...
- Should no grounds terminations for the termination of a periodic tenancy be removed from the RTA? Why or why not?
- If yes, what grounds of termination by a landlord shuold be added to the RTA instead?
- If not grounds terminations remain in the RTA, what period of notice should the landlord have to give the tenant? For example, 3 months, 6 months?
Share this page: