RTA review fact sheet - Resolving disputes
Consultation status: CLOSED
Submissions closed at 5pm on 30 June 2020.
Is there a better way to resolve tenancy disputes than going to court?
- Offer mediation as a first option.
- Allow the Commissioner for Consumer Protection to make decisions in certain types of disputes.
- Move tenancy disputes from the Magistrates Court to the State Administrative Tribunal.
Tell us what you think...
- Would you use mediation to settle a dispute with your landlord/tenant? Why or why not?
- Should the Commissioner for Consumer Protection have a role in deciding certain disputes? Why or why not?
- If the Commissioner should have a role, what type of disputes do you think the Commissioner could decide?
- Should tenancy disputes move from the Magistrates Court and be dealt with by the State Administrative Tribunal instead? Why or why not?
Share this page: