RTA review fact sheet - Tenancy applications
COVID-19 coronavirus notice
The deadline for submissions to the Residential Tenancies Act Consultation has been extended to 30 June 2020. This extension aims to ensure all stakeholders have sufficient opportunity to provide a submission, considering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Should the Residential Tenancies Act safeguard a tenant's privacy?
- Educate landlords on best practice for information gathering and storage.
- Change the law to prevent landlords from asking applicants to provide certain information.
- Change the law to regulate how information received by a landlord is used, stored and disposed of.
Tell us what you think...
- Should there be restrictions on the type of information a landlord can require from an applicant tenant? Why or why not?
- What information should a landlord be prevented from asking of an applicant tenant?
- Is there a need to introduce laws to stop a landlord from giving information to a third party?
- Is there a need to introduce laws to require any information to be stored and disposed of in a safe manner?
It's easy to have your say!
To submit feedback: email@example.com
For more information about the RTA review: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/tenancyreview or ring 1300 304 054
Share this page: