Settlement agent licence application forms
Who needs to apply for a licence
Any individuals, partnerships or companies wishing to operate as real estate settlement or business settlement agents in Western Australia are required, under the Settlement Agents Act 1981, to be licensed and hold a current triennial certificate.
What do I need to do to lodge a complete application
To apply for a licence and triennial certificate you must lodge a complete application. This means you must:
- complete all of the relevant sections of the application form
- attach/pay the correct fee. This is payable at the time of lodging the application
- provide the relevant police check/s, which are not more than three (3) months old at the time of lodgement, for all partners/directors or the sole trader. Only police checks issued by our list of approved providers will be accepted.
- ensure that the two business references have been completed for each partner/director or the sole trader using the pro forma/template above, and that they are ready to attach
- provide a current copy of your Professional Indemnity and Fidelity Insurance Coverage from the Professional Indemnity and Fidelity Master Policy (if applicable)
- provide evidence of your successful completion of a prescribed qualification (for sole traders only)
- check to make sure that the application form is complete and that you have provided all relevant supporting documents
How to submit your application
Once you have completed the application form and have all of your supporting documents ready, you can lodge your application in one of three ways:
|Online||By Post||In person (including payments|
Lodge and pay for your applications for:
If you are submitting your application by post and are making payment by credit card, you must also complete the Application Payment Form and attach it to your application. Applications received without payment cannot be accepted.
Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Unlicensed real estate and business settlement agents who falsely claim to be, or imply they are, a licensed real estate and business settlement agent are liable for a $100,000 penalty.
Real estate and business settlement agents who permit or are willing to permit others to use their licence and triennial certificate are liable for a $100,000 penalty.
Share this page: