Settlement agent licence application forms
Who needs to apply for a licence
Any individuals, partnerships or companies wishing to operate as real estate settlement or business settlement agents in Western Australia are required, under the Settlement Agents Act 1981, to be licensed and hold a current triennial certificate.
What do I need to complete an application
To apply for a licence you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:
- complete all of the relevant sections of the application form
- attach/pay the correct fee
- an original or certified copy of an Australian police check (not more than three months old)
- current copy of your Professional Indemnity and Fidelity Insurance Coverage from the Professional Indemnity and Fidelity Master Policy
- sign the authorisation and declaration
Lodging your application
The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
You can find out how to change the contact details for your particular licence on the department's Change contact details for a Consumer Protection licence page.
Unlicensed real estate and business settlement agents who falsely claim to be, or imply they are, a licensed real estate and business settlement agent are liable for a $100,000 penalty.
Real estate and business settlement agents who permit or are willing to permit others to use their licence and triennial certificate are liable for a $100,000 penalty.
Share this page: