Special occasion permit application (Motor vehicle dealer)

This publication is for: 
Licence holdersMotor industry

Who can apply for a Special Occasion Permit (Section 20H Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973) 

A dealer may apply to the Commissioner for Consumer Protection for a temporary permit to carry on business where a special occasion is being, or is to be, held at a place for a limited period and the dealer wishes to carry on business in premises at the place in connection with the occasion.

What do I need to complete an application

An application must:

  • be lodged at least 7 days prior to the special occasion
  • be submitted by the holder of a dealer’s licence that will be current at the time of the event, a licensed yard manager employed and authorised by the applicant licensee or the authorised event organiser (with a list of all participating dealers that will be licensed at the time of the event)
  • be accompanied by the non-refundable application fee for each permit
  • detail the special occasion for which a temporary permit is being applied for and why the dealer wishes to carry on business on premises in connection with the occasion.

 A permit is not required for a ‘new vehicle only’ display in a location which is not staffed.
The Commissioner may, by notice in writing to the holder of a temporary permit, revoke the permit if the Commissioner considers there is justification for doing so. 

Lodging your application

The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.

The fees and forms page contains further details about:

  • how to lodge your application;
  • relevant fees; 
  • other licensing forms; and 
  • how to contact us
Consumer Protection
Form – application
Last updated 14 Nov 2019

Share this page:

Last modified: