Time is running out - have you completed your 2018 CPD points?: Real estate industry bulletin issue 185
1 November 2018
Time is running out - have you completed your 2018 CPD points?
With less than two months remaining for the 2018 calendar year, Consumer Protection reminds you to check your Compulsory Professional Development (CPD) points tally.
An audit carried out at the end of September found that:
- Around half of real estate agents, sales representatives and property managers are yet to complete their mandatory CPD points; and
- Only a quarter of all real estate agents, property managers and sales representatives have obtained all 10 CPD points required this calendar year.
If you have not obtained all of your 2018 points, you should secure a place in the available course now. There are limited places left in the available courses, so we recommend you take prompt action. Classes being full at the end of the year will not be considered a valid reason for non-compliance.
All licensees with current triennial certificates, and all sales representatives and property managers with current registrations, must complete the required CPD activities each year.
Failure to complete your CPD requirements could result in your licence or registration not being renewed, or the suspension or cancellation of your licence or registration by the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) until you meet your CPD requirements. The SAT may also reprimand, or fine you.
If you have any specific queries relating to your CPD obligations, please contact the CPD team directly on 1300 304 064 or email: email@example.com.
Free interpreting services for real estate agencies
If you have clients with limited or no English language ability, the Department of Social Services (DSS) may be able to help. Free interpretation services are available to help real estate agencies discuss residential property matters with their clients.
The free interpreting service can be used for any private residential matter, including:
- Signing new tenancy agreements;
- Organising an inspection;
- Consulting with owners wishing to sell their house;
- Consulting with buyers wishing to buy a house; or
- Completing the sale of a house.
Find out more on the DSS website.
Share this page: