Unhealthy workplace behaviour (eg conflict, bullying) - What you can do about it
Please be aware that due to essential network maintenance being performed by Western Power, some of our web services may become intermittently unavailable from 7.00am on Sunday, 21 January 2018 and throughout the day. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If there is bullying or conflict at your workplace, use the following four step process. Remember support is always available eg talk to a friend, your doctor or an counseller, or an advocate.
Talk to the person
- Tell the person/s what specific behaviours are affecting you and
- You want the person/s to stop
Report it in writing
If the behaviours continue lodge a report with your employer
- Follow your employer’s procedure (if available)
- State the behaviours of concern
- State the effect on yourself including your health
- State what action you would prefer e.g. mediation, investigation
Follow up after two weeks
If you have not received a response from your employer since submitting your report, ask them for an update
Research your external resolution options
Share this page: