Update on WA retirement village laws - Retirement villages bulletin 11
Update on the retirement village legislation reform process
Submissions to all Consultation Regulatory Impact Statements (CRIS) are now closed.
We would like to thank all stakeholders who provided feedback during the consultation period of the retirement village reform process. You can view the CRIS 1-4 papers on the Retirement village law reforms 2019 - 2021 website page.
You can register via email to receive further updates on the reform process.
If you have any queries about the reform process please e-mail Consumer Protection WA.
2 November 2020
Update on WA retirement village laws
- Update on WA retirement village laws consultation
- Take our quick online survey
- Consumer Protection Awards 2021 - nominate now
Update on WA retirement village consultation
- CRIS 1 looked at suggested reforms to address issues of consumer misunderstanding of the retirement village product and price.
- CRIS 2 suggested a required time limit for exit entitlement payment as well as dealing with recommendations for the village budget process, refurbishment, capital works and reserve funds.
- CRIS 3 included a proposal for a public database of retirement villages and provision for multisite villages.
New fast track consultation process
Take our quick online survey
Please take our two minute online survey as we want to hear from you!
Consumer Protection Awards 2021
We are looking for ways to improve our bulletins that are aimed at retirement village operators and tenants.
We want to know what information and topics you want to find out more about in our bulletins. Email us at Seniors Housing Advisory Centre with suggestions.
Share this page: