This publication is a summary of the Bakers (Country) Award.
A baker working in a bakery that is more than 45kms from the Perth General Post Office is likely to be covered by this award.
A baker or baker's assistant working in a bakery in the Perth metropolitan area within a 45km radius of the central Perth General Post Office is likely to be covered by the Bakers (Metropolitan) Award.
On 24 June 2021 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2021 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 2.5% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2021.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries - pre 1 July 2021 page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Bakery)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Bakery)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust trading as Jane’s Bakery)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies (that are not trading or financial corporations)
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Bakery)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au