This publication is a summary of the Bakers (Metropolitan) Award.
On 16 June 2023 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2023 State Wage Case decision increasing the minimum rates of pay from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2023. The details of the decision are on the State Wage Case decision page.
A baker or baker's assistant working in a bakery in the Perth metropolitan area within a 45km radius of the central Perth General Post Office is likely to be covered by this award.
A baker working in a bakery that is more than 45kms from the Perth General Post Office is likely to be covered by the Bakers (Country) Award.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses (and their employees) that operate as:
- sole traders
- unincorporated partnerships
- unincorporated trust arrangements
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies (that are not trading or financial corporations)
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au