This publication is a summary of the Clerks (Hotel, Motel and Clubs) Award.
On 26 June 2020 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2020 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 1.75% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 January 2021.
The 2020 WA award summary on this page include the rates of pay that apply from 1 July 2020 and the rates of pay that apply from 1 January 2021.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries - pre 1 July 2020 page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Motel)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Motel)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for Jane’s Motel)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies (that are not trading or financial corporations)
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Motel)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au